Windows 7 Recent Documents is feature of Windows that can display a list of recent files opened by the user. The list is Recent Items and Recent Programs, you can access it from the Start Menu. Windows provides this feature for easier access to the file that you frequently open, but you are free to set whether it is displayed or not.
Turn On/Off Windows 7 Recent Documents there were strengths and weaknesses, so depending on needs. When Recent Documents displayed, the last opened file can be viewed by any other user of the computer use. If the computer is personal property may not be a problem. How is the case, if the computer belongs to the office, everyone is free to access. Recent Documents will be better hidden, if the computer can be accessed by the public.
How to turn on Windows 7 Recent Documents
- To turn on, please right click the start button > properties.
- Then select the tab Start menu, in the Privacy section mark the checkbox for both. Then click Customize on the top right.
- Navigate scroll down until you find Recent Items, check the Recent Items, and then click OK.
- Done, now you can see the Recent Items and Recent Programs in Windows 7 Start menu.
How to turn off Windows 7 Recent Documents
- To turn off just like to turn off, but it was reverse.
- In the Privacy section, there are two options.
- Store and display recently programs: if this part is checked, then the Recently Program will still be displayed, and the reverse.
- Store and display recently opened items: if the tick is removed, the Recently Program will still be displayed, but the last document opened through the program will not be displayed.
I think you’re better using the options as I demonstrated. Just a list of programs that appears, but the last document opened through the program will not be displayed (so the secret will remain intact). The goal is to make it easier when you want to open often used programs, just click the program shortcut from the Start menu.
- Then do not forget to click customize on the top right. Scroll down until you find Recent Items, uncheck the Recent Items.
- Done, now you can see the Recent Programs on Windows 7 Start menu.
How to clear Windows 7 Recent Documents
Too many of Recent Documents list in Windows will slow down the boot process. Because when booting the computer will always check the list. To remove Recent Documents lists in Windows 7, just follow this step:
- Show Recent Items first, like the way I described above.
- Then open the Start Menu > right click on the Recent Items > select Clear Recent Items List.
- All the Recent Items will be deleted. Keep in mind, only the shortcut is removed from the Windows 7 Recent Documents, not the original file. Or you can clean recent items through Windows 7 recent documents location, remove all recent items that exist in the source folder.