At first, YouTube only allows to upload a video with a maximum duration of 10 minutes (for free users). Now, YouTube video upload limit has increased to 15 minutes for free users. For most users 15 minutes may be enough, but for others may not. This is the tips for removing the limits, so you can upload a video to YouTube longer than 15 minutes.
Actually it is very easy, YouTube only asks your phone number to verify your account. Maybe some of us are sensitive to privacy issues regarding mobile phone number. If that were the case, you need to consider this way.
Tips to upload videos to YouTube longer than 15 minutes
- Log in to your YouTube account and go to the upload page or you can go through this link
- Then click the ‘Increase your limit’ link on the bottom of the video upload page. If you do not locate the link, please pay attention to the picture below.
- Follow the instructions and complete the form provided. You can choose the ‘Verified Method’ through SMS or voice call, I suggest you use the SMS method. And then select your country, continued by entering your phone number (include the country code of your country, for example: you choose the UK as your country, so the number starts with 44xxx ..). If everything is correct, click the Submit button.
- Next you will go to a confirmation code. You will receive a text message from Google that contains the verification code. Enter the verification code in the page requested. Then click the Verify button to verify.
- After the verification is successful, then the 15-minute video upload limit will be removed, and now you can upload a video without limitation.
To ensure the success of the verification, please visit this link
www.youtube.com/account_features. These pages will display the features available in your account and see notifications in the ‘Unlimited Uploads’. If it is successful, now you can upload a video to YouTube longer than 15 minutes.